Best Ways to Spend Random Act of Kindness Day
Random Act of Kindness Day is celebrated on the 17th day of February in the United States. It is a special day in which we are all supposed to show kindness to random individuals. Ideally, you should be kind to people every day. On this special day, it is expected that you take your kindness a little further by consciously putting a smile on the face of a total stranger. Here are some of the best ways to spend the day:
- Buy flowers for someone who doesn’t expect them (maybe the bus driver, postal worker, or grocery store clerk).
- Compliment a stranger in a polite manner.
- Cook an extra portion of dinner and give it to someone who needs it.
- Donate blood at American Red Cross or any other safe institution.
- Donate some food items to the food bank in your locality.
- Leave a kind note at a stranger’s car.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the line at the grocery store.
- Make little gift baskets for the kids in your neighborhood.
- Offer someone a ride.
- Pay for a friend’s or coworker’s lunch.
- Pay for the person behind you in the coffee drive-thru line.
- Pay the bus fare for the passenger behind you.
- Put a surprise sketch or note in your kid’s lunch box.
- Say a heartwarming ‘thank you’ to someone who is making a difference in the community (a policeman, a firefighter, a doctor, etc.).
- Send a crazy letter or postcard that will make someone laugh.
- Send an encouraging text to someone who needs it.
- Send cards to uplift the spirit of hospitalized individuals.
- Spare a dollar or more for someone in need.
- Surprise your better half with a worthy gift.
- Surprise your coworker with their favorite treat.
- Take a gift to the new neighbors.
- Tip the waiter or delivery person more generously.
- Visit someone in the hospital.
- Write a letter to a deployed member of the military (you can do this through Operation Gratitude).
- Write a letter to some people in your life and tell them how awesome they are.
- Write to an elderly person in a care home.
- Write to an old teacher or mentor who inspired you.
There you have it! Above are some of the best ways to spend Random Act of Kindness Day. Showing love and kindness to others can only help make the world a better place. The insightful ideas mentioned above will help you put a smile on someone’s face this love and kindness season.